Museums search

Search again for museums

This museum is not as much an antique collection as it is a collection that reflects Archibald Claphams love of the clocks and his fondness for the quirky. The atmosphere and sound effects in this museum are not to be m...

Contains photos and maps of local history plus farm equipment and Edwardian and Victorian rooms.

Rich in human history, the story of this area began with the arrival of the ancestors of today's Māori people. Hunting the southern right whale, Europeans arrived over 600 years later. Today this house, along with the st...

New Zealand’s farming community is indebted to Ernest Hayes, a farmer and flour miller who began producing and selling farm tools from his Oturehua property in Central Otago. As well as the internationally acclaimed p...

This is a privately owned collection of vintage machinery, tractors and an early history of Wyndham and Districts, Displays on the first families, newspaper cuttings and photographs, specialised library dealing with all ...

Luttrells White Pine Gardens and Working Pioneer Museum is an ongoing project that was begun in 1985 and is privately owned by the Luttrell Family Trust. Luttrells White Pine Gardens and Working Pioneer Museum covers ...

Museum comprises 4 main buildings - old Schoolhouse - original headmaster's home. Contains photos of milling and timber, old Helensville, shipping and Kaipara Harbour. Small kitchen facility and 'shop' selling books on...

Paihia was one of New Zealand's earliest European settlements - Anglican missionaries founded their third mission station at Paihia in 1823. The principal missionary was Reverend Henry Williams. A few material traces of ...

Enthusiasts own and lovingly preserve this cars and costumes collection. Housed in a building moved to this site from the war time camp for Polish refugee children at Pahiatua, this extensive collection comprises garage ...

An expanding national collection of pounamu/jade is a major feature here with works from throughout New Zealand, including two large boulders which toured New Zealand being worked by nine leading carvers as a New Zealand...

Te Waimate Mission House, built in 1832, is the only survivor of three mission houses founded in 1830 on behalf of the Church Missionary Society by the Reverend Samuel Marsden with the agreement of local Nga Puhi. An ...

Map