Photograph, Tawhiti School 1914-1928; unknown photographer; 1920; RX.2018.89.7
Photograph, Tawhiti School 1914-1928About this object
Tawhiti School was situated between Shingle Creek and Gorge Creek in the Teviot Valley, Central Otago, New Zealand.
The school opened in 1914, closed 1924 for lack of pupils and opened again about one year later. The school finally closed in 1928.
The building was just 10 feet x 12 feet in size.
The teachers were W Le Grue, followed by Miss Francois Courtier and the last pupils were Pat and Bernard Galvin, Betty and Doug Lister.
1920sMedium and Materials
processed material, paper
processed material, glass
organic, vegetal, wood
w 270mm x h 215mm x d 12mm
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.