Glentunnel Museum, Canterbury, New Zealand

Glentunnel Museum contains an extensive collection of items recording the history of the area which has seen much rural industrialism, particularly the pottery and brickworks and coal mining.

The museum has an extensive library documenting the life of the early settlers and associated industries.

The building in which the museum is housed was originally the Coleridge Odd Fellows Hall. Built in 1908, it served as a Lodge Hall until 1968. In 1970 it was leased by the Selwyn District Council who purchased the building in 1985.

Contact Details

c/- Pam Reynolds, Secretary, Counter Delivery Glentunnel Library Post , Glentunnel 7668

03 3182377 Pam Reynolds

glentunnelmuseum@gmail.com

Visitor Information

3 Philip Street, Glentunnel, Canterbury, New Zealand

Sunday 1pm - 4pm during Daylight Savings. OR By appointment

$2.00 per adult, children free

Facilities

Parking

Reference library

 Toilets

Wheelchair access

-43.48093 171.93124 16 Glentunnel Museum, Canterbury, New Zealand