Photograph [Mataura Anglican Church, St. Saviours]; unknown photographer; 1926-1...
Photograph [Mataura Anglican Church, St. Saviours]About this object
A newspaper copy of a photograph of the St. Saviours Mataura Anglican Church (second building). The church is situated on the corner of Main Street and Dorset Street. At the rear of the church can be seen the old church and bell. The (then) new brick church was dedicated 4 February 1926.
Standing at the gate (left to right):
Stark, Vera (nee Balloch)
Bigwood, Rose (nee Hunt)
Parata, boy (son of Rev. Hoani Parata)
We do not yet know who the people standing near the church entrance are.
1926-1927Inscription and Marks
On a sticker on reverse of mounting: 'E26 neg 14+15'Technique
h 140mm x w 200mm
photograph, black and whiteObject Type
processed material, paperCredit Line
From the collection of the Mataura and Districts Historical Society Incorporated.Object number