Photograph [Mataura Trout Hatchery, 1910]; unknown photographer; 1910; MT2011.18...
Photograph [Mataura Trout Hatchery, 1910]About this object
Reproduction of a black and white photograph of the Mataura Trout Hatchery, the original of which was taken in 1910. This reprint is courtesy of the Otago Daily Times, who hold the original. Any copyright rests with the Otago Daily Times.
The Southland Acclimatisation Society ran this trout hatchery in Boundary Road, Mataura from 1909 to its closure in c.1927. The hatchery was built on the banks of the Waikana Stream. For further information about this hatchery refer to page 448 of the the Society's book 'Mataura, City of the Falls'.
1910Inscription and Marks
A white sticker on the reverse reads: "Mataura Hatchery/Boundary Road/1910'.Technique
h 205mm x w 255mm
photograph, black and whiteObject Type
processed material, paperCredit Line
From the collection of the Mataura and Districts Historical Society Incorporated (courtesy of the Otago Daily Times).Object number