Album, photographs [Mataura Freezing Works]; unknown photographer; 1920-1981; MT...
Album, photographs [Mataura Freezing Works]About this object
Photograph album; recording events and building work at the Mataura Freezing Works from the 1920s to 1981.The topics depicted include:
* Engine Room mid 1920s, which include a missing image from the Gore Historical Society's McConnell Album (refer MT2012.72.1).
* Bridge Hotel, A.J Cruickshank, 1930s.
* Aerial Photographs
* Opening Freezing Work's Hostel 1955
* Demolition of Old Office, 1959.
* New Pelt Department, 1960.
* Mataura Freezing Work's Rescue Squad, 1960.
* Work's Exterior, 1964.
* Water Treatment, 1966.
* Mutton Board extensions, 1966.
* First Pelt Pallets, 1968.
* Southland Lamb Competition, 1971.
* Mataura River in flood, September 1972
* Mataura River at low level, late summer 1973.
* Beef boning room 1973 (achieving maximum daily output of 400 carcasses for the first time).
* Mutton slaughter board extensions, 1973.
* Beef grading, 1973.
* Rendering Department, 1974.
* Bill Stewart (Junior's) retirement function, 13 June 1975.
* Opening of the Work's Effluent Plant, 1978.
* Pelting late 1970s.
* New pallet store, 1979.
* Renovations to the Work's exterior, 1979.
* Foot and mouth scare, 1981.
* Lamb drafting seminar, 1981.
* Sheep yard extension, 1981.
* the demolition of the old Work's Office building in 1981.
* Building of the new Work's Office in 1981.
h 350 mm x w 235 mm x d 85 mm
processed material, cardboard
processed material, paper
From the collection of the Mataura and Districts Historical Society IncorporatedObject number