Conductor's Baton; unknown maker; 1896; MT1993.52

Name/Title

Conductor's Baton

About this object

Conductor's Baton; tapered black wooden baton with silver filigreed tip and handle with an inscribed shield.The baton was owned and used by Dr. Alex Hendry, a doctor who practised in Mataura between 1895 and 1899. The baton was presented to Dr Hendry by the Mataura Choral Society in 1896.

Maker

unknown maker

Maker Role

Manufacturer

Date Made

1896

Place Made

[?]

Medium and Materials

organic, vegetal, wood
processed material, metal, silver

Inscription and Marks

The shield around the middle reads, 'PRESENTED TO / DR. HENDRY 1896 / MATAURA / CHORAL SOCIETY / 1896'

Technique

manufactured

Measurements

l 485mm x di 30mm
medium

Subject and Association Keywords

medicine/health

Subject and Association Keywords

people

Subject and Association Keywords

music

Credit Line

From the collection of the Mataura and Districts Historical Society Incorporated.

Object Type

accessory

Object number

MT1993.52

Rights

All rights reserved

This object is from
Share