Painting: Cunard Line S.S. "UMBRIA"; F.W. Coombes; 1994.97.36

Name/Title

Painting: Cunard Line S.S. "UMBRIA"

About this object

Watercolour painting of the Cunard Line's S.S. UMBRIA. RMS UMBRIA and her sister ship the RMS ETRURIA were the last two Cunard Line ships fitted with auxiliary sails. RMS Umbria was built by John Elder & Co. at Glasgow, Scotland in 1884. The UMBRIA and ETRURIA were record breakers. They were the largest liners then in service, and they plied the Liverpool-to-New York City service. She was in service until 1910 when broken up.

Maker

F.W. Coombes

Medium and Materials

Watercolour/Art Media, 0 - Whole
Paper

Measurements

HxW (2D objects YxX): H 167 W 226mm (H 6 9/16 W 8 7/8in)
HxW (2D objects YxX): H 110 W 215mm (H 4 5/16 W 8 7/16in)

Subject and Association Keywords

Painting/[MARITIME ARTS & CRAFTS]

Subject and Association Keywords

Shipping Lines/[Shipping]

Credit Line

Gift of Mrs E. Lindis Ashton

Object Type

Art

Object number

1994.97.36

Copyright Licence  

All rights reserved

This object is from
Share