Spark plugs; 93/93


Spark plugs

About this object

Forty-two spark plugs collected from boats in the Bay over many years, by an Okiato resident, who has shifted to Kerikeri. The origins not recorded except one set that came from a Winton engine in a 32 feet launch, Ilex (built 1910) between 1932-1950. This launch powered the first Opua-Okiato car ferry (a 2 car barge) from 1945-1954, operated by Selwyn Deeming.

Credit Line

Presented by Tony Guard, Okiato

Object number


Copyright Licence  

All rights reserved


Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.