Photograph, Buchanan's Sawmill; Unknown photographer; 1904-1910; RI.P43.93.575a
Photograph, Buchanan's SawmillAbout this object
A black and white photograph of Buchanan's sawmill. Known as Buchanan's or Longwood Sawmill, it was situated about 100 meters north of Centre Road near the junction of Ward Road. This mill had a long history of operation, owned first by H. F. Moss before being taken over by McKay & Co and finally Buchanan Sawmilling Company, until 1957. Henry Moss, the original owner was a timber merchant in Dunedin before he came to Riverton.
1904-1910Inscription and Marks
Yellow sticker on the back: '07/1'
Handwritten in black ink on the back: 'P43.93.575a'
Stamped on the back: 'Wallace Early Settlers Museum Riverton'
Handwritten on the back: '593'
Image: h x 142 mm x w 197 mm
Mount: h x 254 mm x w 304 mm
organic, processed material, paper
organic, processed material, cardboard