The Mangapakeha School ; NZHPT 5405
The Mangapakeha SchoolAbout this object
The single-teacher Mangapakeha school was opened in 1902 at Mangapakeha, near Gladstone in the Wairarapa.
Closed in 1962, it was relocated to Cobblestones Museum in 1987 and restored for use as a classroom for schools visiting the Museum.
The school is a small rectangular building with gabled roof. It has a single large school room, entered through a small lean-to front cloakroom. The original cast iron stove, used to heat the building, has been removed.
NZHPT 5405Copyright Licence