The Donald Woolshed ; NZHPT 2873

Name/Title

The Donald Woolshed

About this object

This building, believed to be the Wairarapa's first purpose shearing shed, was built by Mr William Donald on his farm south of Masterton in 1858. Later relocated to Solway Showgrounds the building was degrading when it was moved to Cobblestones Museum in 1973 by the Greytown Jaycees, and sensitively restored.

Place Made

Masterton, NZ

Object Type

Building

Object number

NZHPT 2873

Copyright Licence  

All rights reserved

Share