Banking desk; Bank of New Zealand, Dunedin; 1959/111/1
Banking desk; Bank of New Zealand, DunedinAbout this object
This Australian red cedar desk came from the ground floor banking chamber of the Bank of New Zealand on the corner of Princes and Rattray Streets, Dunedin. Carver Louis John Godfrey was responsible for the decorative work on the Bank of New Zealand building and the wood and stone architectural decorations for many other well-known Dunedin buildings, including First Church, St Andrew’s, St Joseph’s and Knox churches, the Colonial Bank of Australia, Larnach’s Castle and the Grand Hotel. Godfrey, or one of his sons who assisted him, are assumed to have carved the desk.Object number
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.