Eketahuna & Districts Early Settlers Museum Society
Social history of Eketahuna and the wider district with a focus on the early Scandinavian settlers. Eketahuna was originally called Mellemskov, which means the heart of the forest, as it was at the heart of the Forty Mile Bush. No catalogue yet but we are working on it.
Open storage and displays featuring photographs, textiles, objects and artefacts, farm and agricultural machinery, technology, military, domestic.
Category 2 heritage building.
5 Anderson Street, Eketahuna 4900
021 1468 984 / 06 375 8892
Chairperson: Bridget Wellwood (5 Anderson Street) Secretary/Treasurer: Victoria Walker (16 Alfredton Road)
The Old School, Bengston Street, Eketahuna
Sunday 2-4pm or by arrangement
Other FacilitiesNear by: Herbert Gallery (Main Street)
: St Cuthberts Anglican Church
: Cliff Walk