Bottle, Pharmacy Lin, Camph; Whitall Tatum Company; 1910-1920; WY.1996.59.12

Name/Title

Bottle, Pharmacy Lin, Camph

About this object

This is a pharmacy bottle which once contained 'Lin. Camph'. This is camphor dissolved in oil and would have been used as an embrocation possibly to relieve rheumatism. The stopper of the bottle is unusual as it also acts as a pourer for the contents.

This bottle is part of a large collection of chemist's equipment which came from the old Wyndham pharmacy in Balaclava Street. This was the United Friendly Society Dispensary, known as the UFS.

Maker

Whitall Tatum Company

Maker Role

Manufacturer

Date Made

1910-1920

Period

1910s

Place Made

North and Central America, United States, New Jersey, Millville

Medium and Materials

inorganic, processed material, glass
inorganic, processed material, metal, gold

Inscription and Marks

On front on glass label printed, : 'AC. SALYCIL.'
On base, stamped in glass: 'W.T. Co.'

Measurements

See Parts

Subject and Association Keywords

Business and Retail

Subject and Association Keywords

Health and Medicine

Object Type

equipment

Object number

WY.1996.59.12

Copyright Licence  

Attribution (cc) Attribution (cc)

This object is from
Tags

Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.

Share