Bottle, R M McKay Store; R. M. McKay & Co; 1940-1950; WY.0000.1336
Bottle, R M McKay StoreAbout this object
This is an empty bottle of methylated spirits which came from the R.M. McKay & Co general store.
About the Store:
In 1879, Robert Malcolm McKay and his brother David purchased the Wyndham General Store from Peter Fletcher who was letting the property at the time. In 1904, the brothers replaced the original wooden two-storey building with a two-storey brick building. Designed by E.R. Wilson of Invercargill, at 74ft by 33ft, it was built by Owen Kelly of Gore. Being elaborately fitted and offering excellent customer service, McKay's Store was considered one of the finest in Otago and Southland.
As of January 2019, the building remains on the main street of Wyndham and still has the name R.M. McKay and Co visible across the top.
inorganic, processed material, glass
organic, processed material, vegetal, paper
organic, processed material, vegetal, bark, cork
As per label.Measurements
h 280 mm x dia 90 mmSubject and Association Keywords
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.