Ruler, Heaths of Wyndham; Unknown manufacturer; 1960-1976; WY.0000.1034
Ruler, Heaths of WyndhamAbout this object
This is a ruler which would have been given to customers of Henry Heaths Wyndham. In 1918, following the death of her husband from influenza, Margaret Heaths (nee Coleman) along with her three young sons, shifted to Wyndham and purchased the local fruit and confectionery store on the corner of Balaclava and Ferry Streets. Heaths Fruit and Confectionery shop and bus depot was a staple in Wyndham for 58 years. Henry Heath took over the business in 1934, and his local knowledge, his geniality, and interest in his customers made the store a popular place, as did his whistling ability.
Henry sold the business in 1976, due to ill health. Today the property is used as an office and yard for a machinery hire company.
inorganic, processed material, vegetal, woodInscription and Marks
Printed on the front in black ink: 'It's a Good Rule! HEATHS of Wyndham'.Measurements
l 325 mm x w 30 mm x d 2 mmSubject and Association Keywords
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.