Brace, Forearm & Hand; Unknown manufacturer; 1950-2000; WY.2003.11.102
Brace, Forearm & HandAbout this object
This is a forearm and hand brace which was used at Doctor Hewat's Wyndham practice.
About Doctor Hewat:
Doctor Hewat took over the Wyndham Practice from Doctor Baird in 1952. Although he only intended to stay in the town for a short time, he ended up practicing until his retirement in 2001. In the early days, Doctor Hewat held clinics from Woodlands to near Clinton and out to the South Coast. In later years, with the improvement of roads, patients travelled to Doctor Hewat's surgery on Balaclava Street. For most of his time, Doctor Hewat did not accept appointments, instead tending to the his patients on a first in first served basis. This often resulted in cars lined way up the street right to the Presbyterian Church.
Doctor Hewat remained in Wyndham after his retirement and died in 2003.
inorganic, processed material, synthetic, plasticInscription and Marks
Handwritten in black marker on bottom side: 'WY 2003 11'Measurements
l 325 mm x w 145 mm x d 65Subject and Association Keywords
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.