Lincoln and Districts Historical Society, Inc.
Liffey Cottage, built in 1875, has been restored and furnished as working family's cottage for the period to 1915. The cottage was moved from Lincoln's Market Square in 1977.
It's new site, next to the Lincoln Union Church (originally Presbyterian, and the first in Lincoln), and opposite the Primary School, was on land donated for the first library - now Pioneer Hall, which moved to Gerald Street in 1900.
The Pioneer Hall is used to house a small collection of early photographs, and other local material of Lincoln and Districts, and is close to the site for the first hotel (Perthshire Arms).
The Society also publishes regular newsletters and has a collection of archives, artefacts, documents and local history research notes and publications.
Our Lincoln Historical Walk brochure is freely available, or download the free app for a self guided tour of Lincoln's historic precinct. See Township Trails Selwyn.
c/- 118A East Belt, Lincoln, 7608
James Street, Lincoln
First Sunday of month 2pm-4pm