Charlotte Museum Trust
The Charlotte Museum Trust is a non-profit charitable trust whose primary objective is to collect and preserve objects, artifacts and material from Aotearoa's historic lesbian communities and the lesbian cultural experience for the benefit and understanding of future generations.
We aim to:
- preserve lesbian culture by way of the classification and collection of lesbian cultural material with a special emphasis on objects
- display documented lesbian cultural material in a suitable venue
- advocate for lesbian culture by networking with other overseas lesbian archives and museums
- establish the Charlotte Museum in a permanent home with staff and regular opening times
- continue to grow our research library and archive, particularly our reference books, queer lesbian publication, periodicals and journals produced in Aotearoa or that have Aotearoa content and research papers, doctorates, thesis that have queer lesbian content relevant to the Aotearoa experience.
- enable our reference library and archive to be used, particularly for research of topics that relate too Aotearoa's queer lesbian communities and cultural experience.
PO Box 47398, Ponsonby, Auckland 1144
We have staff available during opening hours and currently have a part time coordinator and collection support working during the week.
8a Bentinck Street, New Lynn, Auckland
Monday 10am - 2am; Wednesday 11am - 4pm and Sunday 1pm - 4pm. We can open at other times so please ring if our opening hours are unsuitable.
Free, Koha appreciated