Mangawhai Anglican Church - The Chapel of Christ the King; 21-124
Mangawhai Anglican Church - The Chapel of Christ the KingAbout this object
A collection of information regarding the Mangawhai Anglican Church - The Chapel of Christ the King.
The collection includes......
Receipts from Mangawhai Supply Store Ltd. P Markwick. Date: 7/11/1969.
A letter from Velma? Fagan, Secretary / Treasurer of Mangawhai Anglican Church. to Mr Louis Wintle. Dated 18th September 1982.
The letter expresses thanks for the donation of $500.00 from the estate of Ada May Wintle.
There is an Information Pamphlet.
Title: History of the Chapel of Christ the King. Mangawhai.
Date written: September 1995
The Mangawhai School shifted to the present (2021) site on Insley Street, Mangawhai Village in 1957. A group of Anglican supporters decided the old school would make a good church and began the process of purchasing the land and building. It was transformed into the Chapel of Christ the King, by the support of the community. The building was replaced in 2014. The old building was transported to the Mangawhai Historic Village, Molesworth Drive, Mangawhai Heads.