Mangawhai Area School's Centennial 1985; 20-123
Mangawhai Area School's Centennial 1985About this object
1971-1980 to 1985 Decade
Back Row L-R: Unknown, Delane Walker (wearing checked skirt), Christine Bull (short hair, white shirt) unknown, Suzanne Bull, unknown (wearing sunglasses) Warwick Paul, Jeffrey Walker, unknown
Next Row starts halfway along with boy in white polo jersey L-R:
Unknown (boy wearing white jersey standing behind boy wearing T Shirt with triangle rooster logo), unknown girl wearing glasses), unknown, Eric Giles, Andrew McIsaac (arms folded) Susan Walker (wearing long bowtie), unknown
Middle Row (standing behind front row) L-R:
Kylie Bennett (Girl wearing white bonnet, black shirt & white apron), David Laird (Principal of Mangawhai Beach School 1985), Angela Gallie (wearing white bonnet), Welton Brown (triangle with rooster on front of T shirt) Wendy Parson (short girl), ?McIsaac (wearing waistcoat), Wayne Paul, Bob Paul, Roy or Rory Heywood (small girl) ? Heywood (small girl), Peter Walker, past Principal (wearing sunglasses tie & jacket)
Small group of 4 children all standing on left in front of Kylie Bennett L-R:
Unknown (girl in white bonnet and long white apron and light coloured dress), Brent Markwick, Bradley Burt (boy with braces and cap), Gemma Barnett (small girl wearing bonnet, white apron and black dress)
Sitting Front Row L-R:
Wendy Gallie, Sheree Gallie, Lyndal Gallie, unknown, unknown (2 girls holding sign), Patricia Manuelkl (small child in check shirt) Julie Gallie, unknown (wearing white top and straw hat), Sherell Burt, Nicola Barnett, unknown.
Mangawhai Area School's Centennial was held on Queens Birthday weekend June 1985.
A booklet 'Footprints in the Sand' was written to commemorate education in the Mangawhai area and published for the Centennial. This booklet is held at Mangawhai Museum ehive no. 15-35.
There is also another booklet describing the events of the weekend, also called "Footprints in the Sand" 12 pages.
Mangawhai Beach School on Insley St, Mangawhai Village was officially opened 30 October 1957.