Tennis Courts, Insley St; 20-112
Tennis Courts, Insley StAbout this object
Opening of Tennis Court Pavillion, Insley St, Mangawhai Village.
The Tennis Courts were opened on 11 October 1952. The Pavillion opened 1953/54 and Tennis Court gates were commissioned for 1955 Mangawhai Centennial.
Source from Tennis Club Minute Books. AGM held 8 November 1953 at Mangawhai Hall then at Pavillion 15 October 1954. Final meeting of Insley Road tennis courts was 17 June 1985. New courts were opened at Mangawhai Domain 5 October 1985.
A: Front Row: L-R: Horace Singleton, Reverend Archie Bull, Mary Eleanor Stewart nee Rountree known as Minnie
Middle Row L-R: Frances May Linnell nee Williamson, unknown, unknown, unknown, Richard Dunn Leslie known as Dick.
Back Row L-R: Brian de Larbrosse Linnell, unknown, William Moir known as Bill.
B: L-R: Horace Singleton, Reverend Archie Bull (partly obscured) Minnie Stewart
Plaque inscription reads: " New Zealand Centennial 1840-1940. This Centennial Court is dedicated to the pioneers of this District in grateful memory. May we who follow be worthy of them"