Illuminated Address; Palmer C.; 1917; 09
Illuminated AddressAbout this object
This illuminated address was presented to John McCaw when he left the Matamata area in 1917. It is from the residents of Matamata township and district and members of various local institutions expressing their gratitude for his services to the local community. It is a beautiful example of calligraphy and features miniature coloured paintings of local scenery and gold embellishments.Maker
Ink on paperCredit Line
Gift of Mr. OS McCaw, 1978Object Type
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.