Howick Presbyterian Church; 2009; 2018.250.00

Name/Title

Howick Presbyterian Church

About this object

Howick Presbyterian Church on the corner of Ridge Road and Vincent Street. Written on back - The first Presbyterian Church in Howick. Church erected by McMcInness. Howick timber abd furnushings cost 175 pounds. Opened free of debt and Rev John Mackay conducted the first service on 30 March 1873. Committee at that time consisted of Messers Robert Andrew, David bell, John King, Thomas McInness and Chas.Pye. Church servives were held in a cottage previous to this from 1854 and all under the charge of Otara. In the early days it was known as the Scots Church.

Date Made

2009

Measurements

11 x 15

Object Type

Print, Photographic

Subject and Association Keywords

Churches

Subject and Association Keywords

Andrew, Robert

Subject and Association Keywords

Bell, David

Subject and Association Keywords

Thompson

Subject and Association Keywords

King, John

Subject and Association Keywords

Pye, Charles

Subject and Association Keywords

Macky, John Rev.

Subject and Association Keywords

McInness, Thomas

Subject and Association Keywords

McInness, W

Subject and Association Keywords

St Andrew's Church, Howick

Subject and Association Keywords

Scots Church, Howick

Subject and Association Keywords

Howick Presbyterian Church (Howick, Auckland, N.Z.)

Named Collection

HHV

Object number

2018.250.00

Copyright Licence  

All rights reserved

This object is from
Tags

Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.

Share