Pakuranga Post Office; 1957; 2018.100.11
Pakuranga Post OfficeAbout this object
The second Pakuranga Post Office on the corner of Pakuranga Road and Pigeon Mountain Road, which served the rural community of Pakuranga, close to the Pakuranga School, a store, the blacksmith's shop and a church. Miss Webb was postmistress for 46 years. The post office had a wide scrubbed Kauri counter and always fresh flowers. In 1961 the "VR" insignia was still screwed to the wall. Now the area is occupied by Palmer's Garden Centre.Date Made
8 x 8Object Type
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.