HomeMuseum Detail

Courthouse Museum & Waka House Ngā Whare Tao

Four historic local buildings have been shifted onto one site for this museum - an 1896 police lockup, 1912 courthouse, a police office and a 1908 church building. The structures are conserved as near as possible in their original form. The museum's collection comprises photographs of events including a major flood in 1958, and the development of the railway items of the Otorohanga community dating from the 1880s, as well as a large collection or memorabilia.

The museum is very close to Otorohanga's main tourist attraction, the Kiwi House.

Collection Type
History


Contact Details
Postal address iconP O Box 312, Otorohanga
Telephone number icon64-7-873 8849


Visitor Information
Physical address iconKakamutu Road, Otorohanga, New Zealand
Hours of operation iconSunday afternoons or by arrangement
Charges iconFree


Facilities
Wheelchair accessParkingGuided Tour



-38.180187175.2102816