HomeMuseum Detail

Piopio and District Museum

Established in 1984 to preserve existing blacksmith's shop complete with all associated tools and equipment. Five buildings on site including slab and adzed frame early settlers hut. Original blacksmith's shop and cottage - circa 1925, Piopio Presbyterian church and Bank of New Zealand - 1920's. Includes large collection of early photographs of district.

Collection Type
Historic Site


Contact Details
Postal address iconc/- Mangaotaki RD Piopio 2555


Visitor Information
Physical address iconRuru Street, Piopio, New Zealand
Hours of operation iconKey available in village 8am-5pm
Charges iconDonation


Facilities
Wheelchair accessParkingGuided TourMembership Club
Guided tours (prior arrangement)



-38.468353175.015216